Dear CS1001.py students,
Final grades (anonymized, of course) are published in the "exams" tab.
A few things we would like to clarify:
1. The sum of points in the exam was 98. So everyone got 2 extra points in the exam grade, automatically.
2. The final grade is the weighted average of the exam grade (weight 0.78) and homework grade (weight 0.22).
3. Students with fewer than 5 passing HW grades, who did not have special circumstances that were explained to
us prior to the exam, got 250 ("lo hishlim"). This grade will not be altered by a Moed B - these students will have to take the course again and do the required HW.
4. Appeals – if you think the grader made an error, you may submit an appeal. However, remember that we may
regrade the whole exam, so the grade may also decrease. In general, appeals saying "10 points were deducted for this argument, but only 3 should have" are rejected. Appeals saying "the calculated sum of points is 43 while it should be 57" are accepted (if the calculation is correct).
5. We recommend to take Moed B only if you feel the grade you received in Moed A is 15 points or more below
what you honestly think your level is. Recall that if you take Moed B, its outcome will determine your final grade.
6. All instructions given for MOED A will hold for MOED B as well. The general structure of the exam will be similar.
enjoy the rest of the semester break, and best of luck with the remaining exams,
the course staff